Saturday, November 03, 2007

Melody in the dark

Another long night of sleeplessness
Rolling from side to side
Peering the cold and dark room
Under my blanket I hide

The room is in perfect silence
But for the ticking clock
And the whirling blades of the fan
The night wind crushes against my window

Lying on my bed
Watching the night roll by
A million thoughts in my head
Kissing the day goodbye

Cool romantic music playing
Felt in every cranny of the room
Softly piercing into my spirit
Pleasant to the ears

As I meditate on the lyrics
I find comfort in the room's dark silence
I search my soul deeply
Forming a clear visual picture in my mind
Hoping to find answers

My mind is at unalloyed peace
Deriving pleasure from every musical note.
Music of such magnitude
Creates a perfect atmosphere for solitude
I have found solace in this silent melody.
It rocked me gently to sleep
As I went down, into the deep

20 comments:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Oracle,
I would love to hear your poems in audio.

Publishing an audio book of your selected poems should be exciting.

For your relative young age, your poetry is quite profound.

You don't have to wait until you have grown a beard to publish your first collection of poems.

Cheers aand God bless.

BroTee said...

Beautiful collection you have here.
Please keep up the good works, and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Cheers

Miss Opeke said...

Thank you for raizin' ur voice with me...Love your poem...

Unknown said...

The Gloomy night as a fading flower is over!The glorious Morning of Divine Appointment has come for YOU in the month of November as Abundant Provision Replaces Insufficient Life. Welcome to THE Month of November

Unknown Blogger said...

Oracle dear your poems are deep you know and i like guys that write poems, gonna write me one to sleep? *wink*
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

There should be room for more people...u can check out d blog and write to the owner...he added me to d list...just check it out

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I typically find poetry hard t digest, but always enjoy reading yours. Very great writing.

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

nice stuff!
seems u are all alone here, yet its so romantic. i'm huming the words to myself...

dScR?Be said...

WOOOOOW!! I absoluetly LOVE the setting of ur blog!!!!!!! Wow... Check out my OTHER blog though, its 1stPet2v9.blogspot.com

Thanks!

I really love ur blog and I write poetry too, check it out

Black Man Comes said...

man mi, u for pubklish right now. as soon as u get to the end of this sentence call ur nearest publisher and get this down man.

Unknown said...

Deep as usual

Waffarian said...

hmmm, interesting.

A Beautifulstruggle said...

this is a really nice spot you have here, if I may say so. I think I'm going to have to keep checkin in on you if you don't mind?

Kafo said...

i'm with orikinla audio would be tight

hmmmmm

i want a song that does this
most songs don't soothe like this

mii likey

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

hiiiiiiiii!!!!

Jennifer A. said...

wow,

makes me feel like listening to music as I slowly drift into sleep...(which I do all the time anyways)...

Beautiful...I like the way you write ur poems!

SET said...

HOW NOW? WHERE ARE YOU? HOPE ALL IS WELL

NikkiSab said...

I like d last paragraph. 'My mind is at unalloyed peace
Deriving pleasure from every musical note.' I really like Oracle. nice 1.

Unknown said...

I should do a song with one of your poems

Anonymous said...

Oracle i always come here to read ur poem`s. it always inspire me.